Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fall Has Indeed Fallen!


The mornings have been quite lovely, the afternoons warm enough to be enjoyable and the evenings have been slightly crisp.  I just love October -- it is my favorite month of the year -- well, except for December.   I think I especially love the colors.  So, with that, I would like to share a few photos from our yard.  We don't have a huge amount of fall coloring but what we have is lovely.

The berries on the hollies are abundant and beautiful -- shiny little orbs ranging from yellow to deep red.  I am surprised the birds haven't taken them all

The salvia still growing strong -- still looks springy in it's lovely purple hue
The crabapple tree in a blaze of glory
Not in the garden, of course, but I had to include a photo of the pumpkin bread I made this week! It was yummy!

So, that is what fall looks like at Casa Brinkley- I will take photos of the pear trees when they change but they really aren't too spectacular -- they become a lovely yellow and within a day all the leaves are on the ground -- but I won't neglect to share them as well when the time comes.


No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...