Friday, May 06, 2016

Friday Finds

Jenn over at Books and a Beat hosts Friday Finds -- a meme of books you might have found over the course of the week and would like to share.  It doesn't matter where you found these books --the library, big box book store, indie bookstore, the back of your closet and it doesn't matter what form -- physical book, e-book, audio book -- just a book.

So, here are my finds for this week.  I have been reading lots of M. C. Beaton and Nancy Atherton and have fallen in love with cozy mysteries.  I decided this week to seek out some of the other offerings so I headed to my neighborhood Half Price Books. 

With the upcoming Hallmark movie starring Alison Sweeney based on the  Hannah Swensen cookie jar mysteries by Joanne Fluke, I chose the first in the series Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder.  I haven't started it yet but want to read it before I see the movie. My two reservations about this book are the font size -- I have been reading on my e-reader and my eyes are spoiled.  I thought about buying e-books but these used books are so much cheaper and I will donate them to my granddaughter's Girl Scout book project which is ongoing throughout the year.  The second reservation is hunger -- I am afraid these are going to make me hungry for things I shouldn't be eating.



As I was looking at the Joanne Fluke books I found one that isn't a cozy at all but it looks to be more of a ghost story.  It is called The Other Child.  The cover reminds me of The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson and we all know I am a sucker for book covers.



Then, the last discovery is The Diva Runs Out of Thyme by Krista Davis.  This is the first her domestic diva series.  I am not all that dometic so I don't know how it will go but again with the cover "issue".





Honestly, I didn't exactly just "run across" these books -- I went looking for them.  Again, not sure if I will wish I had bought e-books (Nooks are so easy to read while riding in a car!) but I am looking forward to reading them anyway.

So, those are my Friday Finds! I will review when I am done.


1 comment:

Minnie said...

Sounds like a lot of fun reading.Enjoy!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...