Friday, May 27, 2016

The Last Word Bookstore

We are so lucky to have a new bookstore in town.  After they closed down the Borders and Barnes and Noble that were close to us, we were left with Half Price Books in close proximity.  No, don't get me wrong, Half Price Books is great -- I go there often as I can almost always find what I am looking for and the prices are great.  However, there is nothing really like an independently owned bookstore.

A few months ago the word was out that Paul Combs was looking to open a bookstore and a GoFundMe page was set up for donations to get it started.  Apparently there was enough interest because it didn't take him too long to get it started and today was opening day.

Hubs and I went this evening figuring it would be late and probably empty.  Well, we were wrong. It wasn't empty.  It was bustling.  It was good.  I found three books -- all hardback -- but I only bought one.  I will go back for the other two at another time.

The one I picked up was

The ones I will go back for later are





and


That one is in your honor, Pom Pom.
I wish I had a photo. Next time I will take my camera.

















1 comment:

Pom Pom said...

Yay! It looks like you chose three good ones, BB! Susan Branch's book is so pretty inside.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...