Thursday, May 05, 2016

Tiny Cardmaker

Caroline is a Girl Scout Daisy.  The troop is losing it's leader to a move to Colorado.  There is an end of year party scheduled and my daughter, the assistant leader, asked each girl to make a card for Ms. Stephanie and her daughter, Kaitlynn who is also one of the Daisies.  So, I was charged with the job of helping Caroline create the cards.  This is best told in photos so here we go --

Love scrapbook squares

Half way there

Gotta have some bling

sparkley things are always good and using the heart punch was more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

bubble stickers are a nice touch on Kaitlynns's card

Dragonflies, flowers and jewels -- oh my

glitter dots are always nice

All finished up with a properly addressed envelope
So, that was an afternoon of fun after school.  I was all on board to help since I am keen to try my hand at card making myself (check out my Pintrest board on the subject) so it was good fun!  Mary, you would have been proud!

3 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Worry not, I AM PROUD! Please tell Caroline too.

However, I am also ashamed that I am clueless about Pinterest. I think i may have an account but I wouldn't know how to find your board. Could you post a link, please?

Pom Pom said...

What a cutie! She loved her card making session with Grandmother! I love all the fun supplies.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Thank you, Pom Pom! I should have combed her hair before the photos but I didn't think about it. Her hair is developing as her mothers did -- from straight to incredibly wavy underneath with a straight top layer which makes for all sorts of interesting challenges. I think she will end up with curly hair as she grows because her father's hair will form into big loopy curls if allowed to grow and her mother's hair is very wavy -- she has to straighten it every day -- hopefully Caroline will learn to love her waves.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...