Friday, July 15, 2016

Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler

I have read a couple of Anne Tyler's works and, while I enjoyed them, they seemed to have a depressing side to them.  This one is completely different.  This was such a fun read. 

It is the story of Kate, Bunny and their father, the eccentric Dr. Battista.  And Pyotr.  Bunny is a truculent teenager.  Kate is the older sister that seems to be bound for spinsterhood.  Dr. Battista is clueless.  Pyotr is Dr. Battista's Russian lab assistant who is in danger of having his visa run out quicker than their project does.  This is serious business.

Solution?  Marriage. 

And then there are the mice-in-crisis.

I can't say more.  Just read it.  It is a quick, light read and all is well that ends well.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I always love Anne Tyler and this was wonderful! So good! I'm glad you liked it, too!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I did enjoy it! It was a really quick read. Going to share with my daughter -- hope she likes it too.

Catching up, Checkin in —

 Hi, all! Happy belated St. Patrick’s Day!  It was a lovely day here, a bit cool, but dry which is good because we have been getting a lot o...