Friday, February 17, 2017

Introducing Rosy

Ok, this is how yesterday went.  I was awakened five times in the night by my mother-in-law calling the wrong number on her new cell phone that she doesn't know how to work.  I question the wisdom of giving a 95 year old a smart phone -- I wouldn't have done it.  Anyway, she was trying to call the front desk of her assisted living place and she kept calling us. When we answered the phone she didn't answer.  It was nerve wracking and scary and maddening all at the same time.  We didn't think we would be able to get back to sleep.  My morning was clearly not stellar.

So, I got up determined to solve the phone issue.  I called t-mobile.  They gave me a price and I was all up for it but they told me they didn't have any in stock.  Grrr....mood not improving.  So, I called the Apple store -- a place I avoid like the plague -- they had what I wanted, they gave me a price for everything I was looking for and yes, they would be happy to help me.  I left the house at 10:30 -- about a 15 minute drive from my house.  I got there, overwhelmed by the number of people in the store, told the guy what I wanted -- exactly -- and in about 10 minutes I was on my way.  I stopped by t-mobile to get the newly required SIM card only to find that I didn't need a new SIM card.  So, I headed home with my new phone, a new case and a car charger. Actually I walked in the door a little before 11:30 so it was a very quick trip even with travel time.  I think the saleman knew I wasn't in the mood to mess around. I didn't buy the service policy but  I am considering it -- I have 60 days to decide.

So, anyway, meet Rosy!  I hope we get on well together -- so far so good.




Then, my daughter forgot that Beanie had today off school.  I hadn't written down the spring school schedule yet on my calendar so I was clueless as well so guess who came home with me yesterday and spent the night.  She is enjoying her usual Nona breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes and watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3.





Sorry she is a little blurry.

So, that is how my day started.  I have a hair appointment later, she is getting her bangs trimmed and a couple of shopping stops before she goes back home for the girl scout meeting tonight.

Yesterday was sort of scattered and out of control but it all ended up good.

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Yay for Rosie! You'll love the camera. Create an Instagram account soon, okay?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I think I have an instagram account -- must really start writing down passwords!!! Yay for Rosie is right-- no problems so far -- booo, Samsung.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...