Monday, February 27, 2017

The Quest Begins...

for the perfect tea kettle.  For years we have used an electric kettle to boil water for tea and coffee.  Some of them have lasted less than a year and some for maybe a year and a half but none longer than that.  We boil lots of water.

So, two days ago my husband decided to clean our glass/stainless kettle and it broke.  The glass didn't break but apparently the seal decided to leak all over the counter and into the drawer and it would no longer hold water.

So, I dug under the cabinet and dragged out a little Staub kettle that I bought a while back and a glass Pyrex kettle that I had years ago.  Seems we are really ok on the tea kettle front but hubs wants a stainless steel model.

So, we have been to Williams Sonoma and Sur Le Table and I think we are honing in on a replacement.  It is amazing to me the prices on these things but we are definitely looking for a stove top model and not another electric model.  So tired of having things just quit.

I am sure that when the toaster quits I won't buy another one of those either.  I grew up with toast being made under the broiler in the oven and that is good enough for me.

So, yeah, pretty soon my kitchen is only going to have a couple of knives, a cutting board, and a stove ...lots less to wash up though, for sure -- and throw away when it quits!

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I have a wonderful tea kettle. It's ceramic and it's worked for a long time. It IS electric.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

We just don't have much luck, I think this one was our 4th or 5th but my husband drinks coffee all day, likes to make it one cup at a time and consequently, he boils water all day. I think we will do better with one on the stove -- we just have to remember tot turn the stove off.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...