Monday, May 22, 2017

TeamUnleasedFitness -- 6 Weeks to Summer Challenge -- Day 1

I have joined a group on Facebook called TeamUnleasedFitness and we are beginning a 6 weeks to summer challenge.  You choose your method of exercise and your eating plan and you are accountable for reporting in.  It began today so here are my photos and stats --

my mineral water and my pedometer-- sorry it is sideways

let's bring in the e-reader

and the pedaler

This is the most fun thing to do as far as I am concerned.  I am limited by allergies as to how much outdoor exercise I can get in so I try to do what I can indoors.  And see, I can read while I pedal and drink my mineral water and watch the cardinals out the back door!  It is a win-win.

I put my pedometer in the photo as well because I count walking as exercise, even if it just back and forth to the washing machine.  I like to know, at the end of the day, how much walking I have done. 

I do have a Garmin Vivofit fitness tracker but it irritates the skin on my arm and it isn't waterproof so I find myself taking it off and putting it back on all the time.  It is annoying.  I like the pedometer just as well.  My house is built in such a way that I can walk laps through it, each lap being 100 steps.  It works well for me to walk like this -- haha -- the washer is  on the circuit so I can do the laundry while I am walking. 

So, for my pedaling today here are my stats --

Speed -- 14.5 mph
time -- 30 minutes
distance -- 6.9 miles
calories burned -- 168.5

I will edit this later with my daily total of steps.  I can guarantee you it won't be the recommended 10,000 -- not even close -- but maybe I can challenge myself each day to do more. 

Whatever I do, I need to get out of this chair and move around for sure.  So, welcome to day 1 of my challenge.



4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Go, BB!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Pom Pom! Hopefully I can do it tomorrow because my knee is giving me problems today. Yay for old age and arthritis! I am NOT that old!

JLS Hall said...

Good luck with your challenge! I need to get back to some walking, too. Been just sitting around for days now.
Remember - don't overdo!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Joy Lynn -- yes, well, I won't be doing it today because I whacked out my knee. What a pain.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...