Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Starting Over -- Again!

For some reason it is impossible for me to stay on an even keel.  Whether it is cleaning my house, doing my laundry, trying to maintain a reasonable eating routine, I am generally all over the place -- a hot mess.

I was doing really, really well with all of it until I wasn't.  I don't know what turned the tide but in the blink of an eye I was all adrift again -- with five extra pounds on me. 

So, I went out yesterday and bought a Fitbit Charge 2 in teal.







 I bought it because my friend Gill has one and she earns cute little badges and, because I like cute little badges, I wanted one as well.  This tracker has more to offer than my garmin vivofit in that it doesn't fall off my wrist in unfortunate places like the parking lot at the grocery store.  It also has cute little badges.

I have signed up for a fitbit challenge -- Goal Day.  My goal is 8000 steps. Ha! This should be good.  We will see if I can meet the challenge -- even remotely.  I will let you know.

So, today I start over.  Again.

On the literary front, I am reading "The Fifth Petal" by Brunonia Barry.






 
 She is the author of "The Lace Reader" which I really enjoyed and another title I didn't read, and can't recall, because it didn't get a good review from my own personal book reviewer.  So far it is really good but making me long for October, my favorite month of the year.


 I think I should still be reading beach novels because it is still very much summer here.  However, I am into this one and will continue.  I have the hard copy but had to buy the Kindle version of it because the book is so large it is hard to hold and I wasn't enjoying the hassle.  Much easier on the device.

Television watching has certainly changed for us, especially during the summer months when everything has gone on hiatus.  We are watching Acorn and Britbox almost exclusively.  We have finished these series -- "Doc Martin", "Poirot", one of the versions of "Miss Marple", "George Gently", "Mum" and we are now working on "William and Mary".  Now, these are entire series -- not just a show here and there so you can see why I need the fitbit and the challenge -- too much sitting, too many cookies -- yes, you can have too much of a good thing and then you can wind up with too much of you.

Have been doing some reading on fashion for old women.  That is a blog post in and of itself.

So, I am off to do Tuesday and walk 8000 steps on a gimpy knee.  No use waiting for it to get better -- it hasn't gotten better since I was 34 and diagnosed with arthritis.  Hopefully the walking will help.  Guess I will be dragging out the gazelle glider because walking around my kitchen island is about as boring as watching paint dry.

I will report in.





4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Have fun earning badges, BB!
I liked Puppy Love on Britbox. I like those 2 actresses.
Cookies make me feel horrible but banana bread . . . maybe I'll bake.
D.E. Stevenson is a fun writer from long ago. Very English - and happy. I found some on hoopla (an app hooked to your library) so free ebook borrows! A win!

Frugally challenged said...

I LOVE my Fitbit One! I've had it for a couple of years and wear it all the time. No way could I do 8000 steps but I use it as a warning of my step count is just too low. Been swimming again today

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Pom Pom -- maybe the badges will be enough motivation! I haven't watched Puppy Love yet but I am working my way through all they have to offer. I know, cookies seem to be great at the moment but after a few they aren't all that great -- especially store bought ones. I am with you on the banana bread -- at least there is some nutrition there! I don't know E. E. Stevenson -- will have to investigate!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Mary -- I am still getting the hang of this tracker but I am quickly loving it. I probably won't get the steps in, either, unless I go to the mall or something but it does keep me on my toes, for sure. I could handle going swimming. I just don't have a place to go swimming.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...