Monday, February 19, 2018

Time to Grow Up and Put On The Big Girl Panties

Yep, it is time to grow up.  Time to take charge. Time to do the right thing and I know what it is.

I have severe arthritis in my knees.  It hurts like -- just add whatever descriptive word you prefer here.

I have had cortisone shots, had fluid drained, done exercise, rubbed it with all manner of "stuff" and, while it helps, it isn't a "fix".  I feel sure that the only "fix" is surgery but I don't want to do that.

The thing that I keep hearing is lose weight.  I need to lose weight.  I have needed to lose weight for years.

I know that the only thing that is going to help my knees is weight loss.

I have been doing the moderation thing, I have been using a couple of visuals to keep my eating under control and it was working.  I lost 9 lbs.  I didn't count anything, journal anything -- nothing -- just eating when I was hungry, not eating when I wasn't and trying to make good choices.

Then came the Girl Scout cookies.  I'll just leave that here.

Tomorrow I have to go back to "the plan".  I have to do this or I won't be able to walk. I am not being over-reactive in saying that.  It is a fact that I have to face and if I don't do something about it that is what my future holds.

So, here I go!

PS -- I gave up soda and never went back surely I can give up cookies! 

No comments:

Catching up, Checkin in —

 Hi, all! Happy belated St. Patrick’s Day!  It was a lovely day here, a bit cool, but dry which is good because we have been getting a lot o...