Monday, March 23, 2015

It's Gone!

Ugh! I was messing around with the blog and somehow deleted by blogroll. Bother!!  I go through that Blogroll everyday and read all the blogs -- now I have to reconstruct it.  Guess that will be after dinner!

Reading a YA Distopia novel -- "Lush".  This is the 3rd dystopian novel I have read and I am here to tell you I am not a fan of the genre.  It is creepy and the three I have read are all glaringly similar.  I think Ayn Rand was not as terrifying as Shirley Jackson but this new read isn't really frightening but I just don't like it.  So, I will finish and I will review but I probably won't seek out another.

I am continuing to read down my Nook list and this book was on the Nook - I think this one was also a free offering.  I am having a great conflict with the Nook concept -- again.  I originally obtained an e-reader so I could cut down on printed material in the house as I was running out of bookshelves and the books were cheaper.  I am noticing that they aren't so cheap anymore so now I am finding myself researching the cheapest way to obtain the book I want to read.  As a result I am sitting here staring at a list of books recently acquired from our local used book store.

I don't think there is a right answer.



4 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Oh dear! Life sounds tough at the moment. Anyway, you can get me back on your blog roll easily now!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Thanks, Mary! I love technology but I dislike how rapidly it can change especially when you don't want it to!

Unknown said...

I use the Kindle e-reader on my tablet, They are much cheaper and I can read in the dark while in bed and don't have to disturb anyone.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Julie -- yes, I downloaded the Kindle app onto my Nook tablet -- talk about conflict of interest! But I am finding I use it a lot as well. The e-readers do help with the over abundance of printed material that comes into this house -- sort of.

Update

 Yes, it has been a month — and what a month it has been.  Long story short all the grafts from my husbands bypass surgery have disappeared ...