Monday, February 19, 2018

Nona is Just a Little Cra-Cra

Nona -- that is the name I go by most often nowadays.  Even my little Brownies call me Nona.  Well, Nona has just had a couple of cra-cra moments lately.

As everybody knows, we moved house in late November or early December-- I can't remember which.  We got most of our things moved and then things went downhill quickly so we are still a bit scattered with a lot of stuff at the other house.  Moving the rest of our stuff was put off what with illness (dreaded flu) and MIL getting sick and passing on.  So, I didn't think much about it all until I started missing things.

Wanting to make an angel food cake, it occurred to me that I had no idea where my hand mixer was.






 Looking for shoes that wouldn't hurt my feet I realized that I had lost my Tieks.



I looked everywhere for both these items and simply couldn't find them.

So, back to the old house I tore up everything I could to find them.  I packed up most of the rest of the kitchen thinking that I would run across the mixer.  I went through bags of stuff for charity shops thinking I just tossed the Tieks. 

Nothing, nada, no go.

I was bummed so I came home and went into my closet.

I moved a pair of sandals and what do you suppose I found?  No, not the mixer but I did find the flats.

Then yesterday morning I went into the kitchen to make some breakfast and I couldn't remember where I put the griddle.  Well, there is one cabinet that I forget I have -- I don't know why, it is a galley kitchen but this one cabinet completely eludes me and since I don't use the griddle on a daily basis -- well -- you can see where this is going.

So, I open the cabinet to see if that is where the griddle was and voila! Yes, the griddle was there and so was -- the handmixer.  All very organized and lined up neatly. 

I can't believe that I couldn't remember bringing the thing home or putting it away so neatly but there it is!

And I was very glad to find my shoes.

I will be glad when everything gets moved so I can finally have all my stuff here and I won't look so idiotic when I "lose" things.

The last couple of months have been very hectic and scattered and I need to feel grounded.

I think I will go to the other house and move some more stuff.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...