Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you
just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s
hear it, then!
I remember, when I was about three or so, seeing "Peter Pan" on tv. This was the Mary Martin version which was actually a stage production. It seems that after a performance, they decided to do it all over again to film it to show on television. I was enchanted. Then came the movie version thanks to Walt Disney. Again, totally smitten -- gotta love Tink! Now you can find several "spin-offs" so to speak on tv -- Tinkerbell heading up the Disney fairies and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. I still find them totally captivating although nothing compares to that 1950-ish version.
So, while perusing the sale table at B&N, I decided that I would like to read the book. Of course, the cover took me in as well, but I just want to see if any of those media productions do the book justice or did they improve on it. I actually just want to see how Nana -- the world's best babysitter -- is portrayed. So, this will be my next read after "The Master Quilter" in which I am totally immersed.
I will let you know if Nana lives up to my expectations!