Thursday, August 16, 2018
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: It's a Jungle Out There (Theme from Monk) (2003)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's song is the theme from the detective show that ran from 2002-2009. Were you a fan? Never watched it.
2) The song warns us about the air we breathe and the water we drink. Does your home have an air or water filter? I have a filter on the water dispenser in the fridge.
3) The lyrics say, "People say I'm crazy to worry all the time." Are you a worrier? Or do you just take things as they come? Worrier. I come from a long line.
4) TV's Adrian Monk is known for his outstanding deductive powers, an homage to Sherlock Holmes. Have you read any of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books featuring Sherlock Holmes? No but watched it plenty on TV.
5) Monk was also known for fastidiousness and precision, an homage to Hercule Poirot. Have you read any of Agatha Christie's books featuring Poirot? No. Again, tv. My husband's guilty pleasure
6) This song was written and performed by Grammy and Emmy winner Randy Newman. Do you have any trophies or plaques? No, I wasn't a competitor of anything.
7) Before winning an Oscar in 2001, Mr. Newman had the distinction of having the most nominations (15) without a win. Do you consider yourself a graceful loser? I don't really know -- never been tested as I was never competitive. Oh, I did win a free soda at a restaurant in the mall where I took ballroom dance at about 13. Does that count?
8) In 2003, when this song was introduced, Lance Armstrong won his fifth Tour de France. Later, he was disgraced in a doping scandal. Can you think of a time when a hero disappointed you? Never really had heroes.
9) Random question -- We're catering lunch. Should we put you down for a burger or a taco? Taco, please.