Wednesday, October 10, 2018
Saturday 9: Unbreak My Heart (1996)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Songs like this are enduringly popular in part because each of us has had our heart broken. Give us the name of a heartbreaker from your own life.
There were two -- Charles and Michael. It is a toss up as to who was the best heartbreaker -- they were both pretty stellar in that department.
2) Toni Braxton sings that "nights are so unkind." What did you do last night?
"Blindspot" and I surfed the net looking at cardmaking sites.
3) While this song has Toni singing the blues, in real life her love life is happier. Now aged 50, she's engaged and has been sporting a diamond on her left hand. Do you believe that a bride is ever too old to have a big wedding?
I think a bride can have whatever sort of wedding she wants. I had a fairly large wedding but I wanted a small, intimate wedding. I was quite taken by the description and photos of Barbara Bush's wedding last week -- very nice. But, I was also taken by the few photos I saw of Princess Eugenie's wedding yesterday -- I loved her dress.
4) Growing up, Toni Braxton's parents severely restricted how much TV their children could watch each day. Ironically, today Toni and her sisters participate in a reality TV show on the WE-TV network, so TV cameras are a big part of their daily adult lives. What TV show do you try not to miss?
I always watch "Days of Our Lives" and have since 1975. Recently I have made it a point to never miss "This is Us".
5) She is prone to dry skin and applies Kiehl's Hand Salve to her hands and arms throughout the day. Tell us about a product you're brand loyal to.
I use First Aid Beauty and MooGooUSA
6) Toni admits to being "a bit of a germaphobe," and always maintains a supply of hand sanitizer and wipes. What is always on your shopping list?
Not really a germaphobe but I think I should be so I am going to try to remember to carry hand sanitizer with me.
7) While she is not shy about her body, and has worn revealing outfits on the red carpet, Toni Braxton refused a 2011 offer from Hugh Hefner and Playboy to pose nude. What's the last thing you said "no" to?
Ice cream. I said no to ice cream.
8) In 1996, the year this song was popular, Mattel introduced a Star Trek Barbie and Ken set. Have you ever fantasized about space travel?
9) Random question -- Would you (or did you) invite an ex to your wedding?
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!