Saturday, November 04, 2006

Ok, you know that old musing "if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it does it still make noise"? Well, that is how I felt this evening as I was surfing the internet with my father's name in the search box.

My father was a "rennaisance man", self made. He didn't have a lot of education but he had a lot of talent and a lot of dreams but not a lot of confidence. He didn't believe in himself so much. However, he was taken with the rapidly progressing technology of the times and jumped into tv and movie making with a passion. He made three movies. Now, granted, this was in TEXAS, not Hollywood so let's just say the resources were lacking. But, made movies he did. Now, decades and decades later the world feels it is their place to critique his work.

There is one movie that survived to old age. The original long since disappeared but copies have been popping up all over the place, many to be purchased on a number of places on the internet. And the criticism. My my, it is harsh. But, it is consistent. However, and this is where I feel like I am in a forest alone hollering, MY FATHER DID NOT BUILD HIS SETS OUT OF CARDBOARD! My father was an artist and his sets were works or art. They were solid. They were good. I should know. I was there. Also, the cast members were not ALL untalented scrubs. Bill McNulty was a British import who acted in England and was big in SA little theater. Eunice Gray was a neurosurgeon also huge in little theater. Granted, that doesn't mean she was a great actress but she wasn't useless either.

You know, I would like to see one of the people who are so quick to dish out such demeaning remarks do as well as my father did. Ha! That would be a good show in and of itself.

I am done here.

Ok, I am done.

No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...