Sunday, March 09, 2008

October 8, 2008

Today we went to my son and daughter in laws house for a playdate with our grandson, Nathan. We also had lunch. I was expecting sandwiches but it was a full blown, sit down, use the good glasses dinner. It was fine. Toward the end of the meal, Master Nathan was swept off to his room to change him out of his sweater which was getting way too warm and give him a quick wash up. When he returned, all squeeky clean and rosy cheeked he was proud to announce, via his new T-shirt, that he is the "Best Big Brother".

So, Nathan announced the impending arrival of the newest member of the Brinkley clan. Now, we don't know yet what kind of member -- it could go either way at this point -- but it is definitely baking because I saw the sonogram pics. It doesn't matter, though, because it will be precious and loved and doted on and welcomed.

I just wish I had taken a picture! I even had the camera with me! What better baby announcement than Nathan!

What an exciting summer!

1 comment:

jlshall said...

Shame on you, Nona, for not taking that photo!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...