Monday, July 14, 2008

Tinklepaw Tot

Monique has Cheese. JLSHall has Kayla. I was feeling lonely and left out so I went on a quest to find a companion for myself -- one that be slipped into a purse or bag and doesn't require prescription pet food from the vet.

I visited several places looking at Lil Kinz. Then I looked at Beanie Babies. They were all cute but none were "speaking" to me, drawing me in.

Then, on Friday while shopping at Central Market, I heard a voice -- a small voice which came from a wooden shelf near the cosmetics area. There, on the bottom shelf was a little Jellycat sheep. He didn't have a name, the tag just said "Sheep tot, please take care of me". Well, how could I pass that up -- no name and a pleading note? I mean, really, ME, the nuturing freak of the world. So, I checked his "pursability" and didn't get arrested for shoplifting so into the basket he went. I think the check out boy thought I was crazy as he set my newly purchased buddy on the check writing stand and grinned at me as only a twenty-something male with Fabio hair can do. I felt old and crazy but was happy with my decision to adopt this diminutive sheep.

A name. What is in a name? Well, everything. Our identity. This little sheep had no identity except that he is part of the Jellycat family and he hails from the UK. That is a good thing since all my ancestors do too -- he will fit in nicely. So, the first thing that I thought of what the name my father gave my fledgling craft company -- Tinklepaw -- and since he is a "Tot" I have named him Tinklepaw Tot.

So, here is my new family member~



4 comments:

jlshall said...

Awwwww!!!! He's so cute. And as you can probably guess - I think Tinklepaw is a very fine name! Your story reminds me of the first time my hubby saw Paddington Bear with his "Please look after this bear" tag. We had to bring Paddington home, of course. And lo, these many years later we now have multiple Paddingtons in storage, all needing to be looked after.

Maybe you should make Tinklepaw some little outfits?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I might! I am taking him to that wedding on the 27th and I am putting a nice little black bow around his neck -- sort of tuxedo like. Do I need to mention that I am now officially embarassing my daughter to death?

monique said...

Awwww... how adorable! I would have adopted him, too :)

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Joy and Monique --

It wasn't a hard decision -- he was pathetic and he fit in my purse. What more could I have wanted. BTW, Monique, the pink googles are out and quite cute but they don't have them in the smaller size.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...