Monday, August 31, 2009

The Neglected Blog

It has been noted on Facebook the last several days how some of the more serious bloggers have succumbed to the allure of Facebook --- you know, short snippits of conversation feeding the instant gratification frenzy. It is wonderful, I have to admit, but it seems to have resulted in gross neglect of our blogs. Now, I love reading blogs. I don't know what is so enticing about them but they are some of my favorite reading around. However, with the advent of Facebook it seems much more schedule friendly to pop in, say a quick hello or update your status, letting people know you are still alive but there is little in the way of substance, photos or creative writing. Although I am not a serious blogger, I have let my blog go in deference to FB, as well. I am, therefore, going to take a step back and examine my priorities and put my blogging/blog reading first. After all, it just takes a couple of minutes to post your status, right?

2 comments:

jlshall said...

I think I have the same problem with Facebook that I used to have with doll auctions. Just too much input - everything goes by so fast, by the time I realize what's going on, it's over. I prefer blogging because it gives me time to go at a more sedate (i.e., elderly) pace. Could also be that I'm just too long-winded for that Facebook short-burst format.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I do ok with FB except that I tend to want to look at it all the time -- ALL the time. It is a bit too addictive to me yet, I still go back and check it!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...