Wednesday, February 24, 2010


The two photos above were taken at about 7 a.m.





Be Gone Winter of 2009-10! Please!

I am feeling a very negative post coming on. I am sick of winter, I am sick of cedar, I am really sick of snow/ice/wintery mix -- in fact, I am just sick, literally. So, I would love to see a little bit of spring -- please? However, I did take some photos the other day of the Fort Worth Blizzard of 2010 and thought I would put them up. They look oddly like the LAST pictures of snow I took because I only seem to stand at the same vantage point -- my garage door or my patio. But, in any event, for all you folks who wish for snow -- here ya go -- knock yourself out. I, for one, am ready to see the back end of winter!

I know these photos probably don't look like much to my northern friends/family but they were taken early in the day. The final amount of snow tallied for the day was between 10-14 inches, depending on where you lived.

I didn't take any photos of yesterday's snow because it didn't stick and frankly, it looked like feathers and felt like sleet. It wasn't really nice except that it seemed like you were in a snowglobe as my daughter in law commented. Today, it is cold but bright sunshine and I have opened all my blinds so I can combat my seasonal affective disorder -- yay, sunshine.

Now, if I could just get rid of my cold/cedar fever/rampant allergies -- whatever it is that has ahold of me, I would be a very happy person.

2 comments:

jlshall said...

Wow, your snow is so much prettier than ours! You should have run out and hung some lights and ornaments on one of your bushes, and you'd have a Christmas card for next year. Well, any of those photos would still make a nice card.

We've had some melting in the last couple of days, but we still have huge mountains of the stuff everywhere. Of course, ours is now frozen solid and so black it looks like it came out of a coal mine. Really lovely.

Yes, I'm ready for all this to end, too. But we've got more snow predicted (oh, how nice!) for tomorrow and Friday. I think it might be the end of the world.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I know what you mean. We had sun today but it was cold. Now we can look forward to rain. And, whatever is going on in my head is driving me crazy. Seems like allergies but it feels like a cold. Been popping Cold-eez like mad and just feel really rotten. Have since Sunday evening. Blah.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...