Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Melissa's Thoughts for the Week


I think it is cruel how it can look so lovely outside but feel so dreadful.

I think it is appalling how we can't find things anymore -- what happened to leather goods stores and stationery stores -- and shoe stores -- not a Kinney's or Bakers to be found.

I have learned that English paper piecing IS addictive, just as promised on many blogs -- photos to follow.

I think I am finally learning to slow down, not be in such a rush, and enjoy the process.

I think the condo going up behind our house looks like the big black thing in "2001: A Space Odyssey".

I realize that I have to end my love affair with soda.

I feel content.

4 comments:

jlshall said...

We still have some Baker's shoe stores around here, although it's been years since they had anything I'd want to wear. But I guess the stationery stores have all been driven out of business by Staples and Office Depot (which are now going out of business, too, I'm told). Soon, Wal-Mart and Macy's will be the only retail stores around.

What I really miss is Joske's.

Please don't forget the photos of the English paper piecing! I sounds so lovely.

jlshall said...

OK - that's IT sounds so lovely. I sounds so lovely, too, but I's really gotta learn to use the "preview" feature.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Joy Lynn -- yes, you sounds lovely! I really miss Joske's, too. Allen has been looking for some luggage accessories and we have searched high and low for a San Antonio Trunk Co. but none can be found. I really hate to have to buy everything online. We do have a Kinneys at a mall in Frisco which is only a bazillion miles from here but, like you say, I wouldn't be interested in anything there. I just don't understand why we don't need things anymore -- well, things that can't be found at Wal-Mart and Macy's.

Boyett-Brinkley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...