Monday, January 24, 2011

Simple Woman Daybook -- 24 January 2011


Outside my window it is very dark except for the porch light on the temporary behind my fence

I am thinking that I would like to be a better blogger

I am thankful for good health, hubby, two kids, two inlaw kids, one grandson, two granddaughters but dinner -- not so much

I am wearing jeans, a plaid shirt and sneakers

I am remembering that I have a busy day tomorrow

I am going to prepare a handcrafted Christmas next year

I am currently reading "Signs of Life" by Scott Hahn

I am hoping that the weather stays nice

On my mind weighing heavily is the state of our church

Noticing that I seem to be mellowing out in my old age

Pondering these words "Among the liveliest traditions of the ancient church was devotion to the guardian angels."

In the kitchen I am trying new things, next in queue is Tarte Tatin.

 Around the house I am purging and cleaning and organizing

One of my favorite things is sleeping

From my picture journal

2 comments:

jlshall said...

I like the sound of a handcrafted Christmas, but I know I'll never have the energy (or the creativity) to attempt it. Also like the sound of "purging and cleaning and organizing" - when you're done with your place, maybe you could come do mine!

How did the busy day go?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

The busy day didn't end up being as busy as originally planned. The purging, cleaning and organizing has to do with the unbelievable amount of magazines in this house. There must be a name for a person who does this sort of thing. Pack rat or hoarder comes to mind but I meant something a bit more professional sounding as in needing professional help.

Yeah, the handcrafted Christmas -- already behind!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...