Tuesday, February 01, 2011


I have been pretty busy over the last several days.  I can't exactly say doing what but I haven't been reading too much -- except for some magazines.  So, I am still reading what I was reading last week but I will include a teaser anyway.

This is from "A Piggly Wiggly Wedding" by Robert Dalby.

"It was ten past five at the Victorian Tea Room.  Vester Morrow was in the midst of overseeing the exclusive cocktail party he and the Nitwitts had planned as the first step in the evening's progressive dinner for Petey and Amanda.  Only customers held in such inestimable esteem by the veteran restaurateur could have convinced him to close down his pride and joy or an hour or so on a Saturday night -- prime time in Second Creek."

2 comments:

jlshall said...

Nitwitts? That sounds interesting - like a group I might belong to. Good teaser!

I haven't been getting much reading done, either. I think the winter weather has slowed down my mental processes and all I want to do is sleep and eat. Not good for the fitness situation.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Oh, I know what you mean. Yesterday I ran all over doing stuff for the snow today and it arrived, for sure and now I am in sort of a funk. The Nitwitts are a ladies group -- full of all sorts of characters. I didn't think I was going to like this book but it is really pretty good -- light, easy, silly -- sort of like the pink cover. I am going to try to finish it this afternoon.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...