Saturday, February 26, 2011

Melissa's Musings

It has been a while since I have mused so I thought this morning seemed like a good time to do so.  I have been awake since 5 a.m. -- not my choice but rather an allergy stricken nose.  I finally had to get up and have a cuppa.  I have been going through some of my pics and realized that I hadn't posted any  of my own endeavors in quite some time so I thought I would do that now.



It seems that each Christmas I end up giving something hand/homemade.  This Christmas was no different.  My mother- in-law made the comment, a while back, that I had made everybody a quilt but her so I was looking through my collection of charm packs and decided to make her a disappearing nine patch  out of a cheery peach and turquoise  pattern.  I took photos of the process but, unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product.  I will have to take a photo the next time I am over there.  In any event here are the pictures of that project:
Charm squares used in Granny's quilt 

Backing fabric
The quilt turned out really cute -- I will post a photo later, and I am in the process of making another out of a completely different colorway and it is going to be lovely, if I do say so myself.


Seems the new year has found me with a new interest in sewing clothing.  I haven't embarked on anything for myself yet but it will come.  I have a hard time finding things I like so I might have to resort to doing it myself.  But, in an effort to ease back into the construction of actual clothing -- not quilts you just wrap yourself in (although that may be an alternative) -- I began with a little jumper for Beanie.  I had purchased a really cute piece of corduroy a while back with no real purpose for it so, when winter came, I decided to try this little jumper pattern.  I had made a number of these button on the shoulder garments for my children so I know they are versatile so I gave it a whirl.  This is the finished product and I have to say that my machine makes really good buttonholes -- this being the first time I ever tried.



Voila! Baby jumper!
Cute babywale corduroy fabric
So, that is what I have been doing in the sewing world.  Well, all that I have photos of.  I need to take more pics and I need to remember to capture the finished products for all to see!  My cooking efforts will have to be for another blog. 

I am in the process of creating some special Christmas items but that will have to wait for another post, like after Christmas, because it is a surprise! More on that later.  So, have a wonderful Saturday!

2 comments:

jlshall said...

Lovely! How come you got all the crafty-talent genes? Love that owl print - reminds me of the 1970s.

LoneStarPrep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...