Thursday, April 28, 2011




Booking Through Thursday -- 28 April 2011


If you could see one book turned into the perfect movie -- one that would capture everything you love -- the characters, the look, the feel, the story -- what book would you choose?


While there are several recent reads that I could see made into movies, the one that I would really love to see as a movie is In the Company of Others by Jan Karon.   Since it is set in Ireland, I could see the scenery being gorgeous, the story would make a great mystery and the characters have been strong yet lovable since the very first Mitford book.  In fact, if I had my way, the original Mitford series would make a really fun mini-series.
 

2 comments:

Bellezza said...

I have never read any book by Jan Karon, although I've heard wonderful things about the Mitford books. Anything set in Ireland would have to make a lovely film.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi Bellezza -- thanks for dropping by! The Mitford books are wonderful and Karon's newest series is even better. You should check them out!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...