Monday, June 06, 2011


6 June 2011


The question of the day is "where do you do your reading?"  Well, I have pretty much always read anywhere I am because I tend to carry a book with me all the time -- comes in handy while waiting for the Hubs to browse the camera store, the woodworking store, the DIY store -- you get the picture. I used to read a lot in the car while waiting for kids to get out of school but that isn't applicable anymore. I have to say, though, that the place I read most is in my family room, in my favorite chair.  I can't read in bed anymore for some reason but almost any place else is fair game. 

6 comments:

Ann said...

That's a great idea carrying a book with you all the time. I did it while living in London for all the time I spent on the tube but not so much here as I walk everywhere - and from past experience walking and reading isn't a great combination! Too many hazards, such as lampposts ;)

http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/06/musing-mondays.html

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Thanks for dropping by! Yes, I agree, walking and reading isn't a good combo. I have been reading the Aunt Dimity series and they are small books so it isn't too much of a hassle and the Nook makes it even less so.

Dragonfly said...

I also have a book wherever I go, because books are like oxygen to me; I need it to live :) Here is my favourite place to read:

http://anettesbokboble.blogg.no/1307374349_musing_mondays__where.html

Hugs from Anette in Norway :)

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Anette -- thank you for dropping by my blog! I visited yours and left a comment but it didn't show up -- maybe you moderate. Anyway, I have looked at "The Discovery of Witches" and will probably put it on my wishlist but "Winterapples" looks wonderful -- is it available in English?

Anonymous said...

I carry a book with me everywhere too. Never know when you'll be stuck in traffic etc.
Here's My MM

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Exactly! Thanks for stopping by!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...