Saturday, June 18, 2011



Friday Night Sew In

Last night was the latest meeting of the Friday Night Sew In group.  I discovered this group through Not So Plain Jane and decided to participate.  If you would like to participate in future events, sign up at http://craftyvegasmom.blogspot.com.          

I was all ready to go! We had take out pizza from Rocco's -- our favorite, independent pizza place.






It was lovely -- mushroom, black olive and carmelized onion.   Fantastic.  After dinner I got hubby all settled in to watch "Die Hard 2"  (I think).  It has Bruce Willis with hair so it was old but Hubs  was enjoying it.  I was enjoying the fact that it would be over for me to watch "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" which I find to be hilarious but rather sad.  I also had my big glass of iced tea waiting for me.

I have been working on some Christmas stitchery for a couple of months now and my latest project was this piece by Little House Needleworks.






However, when I began the project a few days ago I decided to make it smaller by using smaller gauge fabric -- 18 ct. to be exact -- but the only 18 ct. I had in the house was a lovely pale pink.  I thought it would be nice.  Well, I was wrong.  It was too pale and so last night, in mid-FNSI, I decided to start over on a more natural fabric. I was almost half done on the pink fabric but now I have only done the lettering and about an inch of the white lacy edging on the top.  I guess I will have my own Saturday Night Stitch In tonight!

I have to admit that my first time participating in this group turned out to be a comedy of errors.  Not only did I decide to start over on the project, I had many failures with my equipment.  I couldn't see well while sitting in my usual chair -- I blocked my own light from my lovely but dim lamps so I had to move to the sofa which doesn't recline like my chair but is in better light.  Then, the clip-on light that I had on my Q-snap kept popping off and.....the phone kept ringing which meant that I had to keep putting everything down to answer the phone.  Now, a more organized soul would have simply put the phone next to the sofa but that would have required much more thought that I was apparently capable of last night.

In spite of it all, though, I stitched through the movie, I stitched through the gypsies, I stitched though the change of fabric and I really enjoyed the idea that I planned to do this and gave myself permission to attend the "event" and didn't feel the least bit guilty about leaving other things undone! I will attend again in the future.

3 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

Giving yourself permission to attend the event. That is a really good idea, I may get hubby's cardi finished before winter, by giving myself permission to knit instead of other things.
Jane x
I hope this event is still running in the autumn winter, that's when I'd love to join in.

Rhonda said...

Too cute and a great start for Christmas gifting!!!
This is my first FNSI so I was very happy to get something finished.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Well, I have always been bad about wanting to get everything else done before I do something like crafts so I was really having a good time last night putting everything else aside to do my stitching!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...