Tuesday, June 28, 2011


I am still reading "Franny and Zooey" as I am in sort of a reading slump.  Even though I have already "teased" from this book, I will do so again and maybe get myself out of my slump.  So, here goes, from page 123.

"Mrs. Glass, who did some of her most inspired, most perpendicular thinking on the threshold of linen closets, had bedded down her youngest child on the couch between pink percale sheets, and covered her with a pale-blue cashmere afghan.  Franny now lay sleeping on her left side, facing into the back oof the couch and the wall, her chin just grazing one of the several toss pillows all around her."

I am not sure how compelling this teaser is but I think I am wondering why Franny is there -- I am pretty sure it isn't good.  Maybe I am un-slumping.

6 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've been wanting to read this book...thanks for sharing.

Here's MY TT POST

Cindy said...

It does make you wonder what is going to happen. TFS.

Here's mine. http://cindyhall.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_28.html

Jo K said...

I haven't read this book yet. Great teaser! Here is my TT.

Anonymous said...

Interesting teaser.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_28.html

jlshall said...

I loved F&Z when I read it many years ago (back when I was attending SAC, I think), but haven't reread it since then. I do remember that it was pretty controversial at the time - different theories about exactly what was ailing Franny and why she did what she did. I should take another look at it one of these days.

Hope you get over the slump soon. I had the same problem last month, but I think I'm getting back in the groove now. (What groove? I didn't see any groove, did you?)

Karen and Gerard said...

Sounds like a slow book from this teaser, no wonder you are still reading it. I think this is one I would have given up on.

Here's ours:
http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/06/tuesday-teaser-divergent-and-home-again.html

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...