Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday

It is Sunday.  It is early.  I woke to the song of the mockingbird that has taken up residence in the recently planted oak tree on the other side of the fence.  He is definitely a song bird and he has quite a medley.  What a great way to wake up.  The day isn't fully awake yet and the garden is quiet -- except for -- what shall I name him?  Bennett -- for Tony Bennett.  Another great singer.





A wonderful day planned for us.  Church first, then just a light lunch at home and then DD and her husband and our granddaughter -- Bean -- will be over to swim in the paddling pool.  By that time, it will be hot outside and the cool water will feel good -- hope she doesn't mind sharing with my feet!





This evening will be filled with sewing and needlework --  getting a jump start on Christmas and I have a birthday gift to complete for the Sweet Bean who will be turning one soon.

All in all it looks like the day is shaping up nicely -- I wish the same for everyone here! Happy Sunday.

2 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

Hmmm, I really ought to be making a start on Christmas gifts, but there is so much to do outside right now....and I try to spend as much time as possible outside: summer is so short here.
Jane x

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Jane -- well, I decided that this upcoming Christmas was going to be a "homemade" Christmas -- not entirely, of course, but I thought it would be fun to do a little bit of needlework/quilting and such. I understand about wanting to be outdoors -- summer here is really long but it is also so hot that we don't get out as much as we do in the winter!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...