Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Still here!

It has been a week since my last post -- things have been hectic here! After our abrupt change in status, we have been making a huge effort to pull things together -- i.e. get rid of the "other" house.  We have been sitting on this "other house" for six years.  It has been really convenient to not get on with the business of getting rid of the "other house".  However, now the push is on because we just need to consolidate so we can relax in our new retirement -- yuck.

So, anyway, we have been working on that for a week now and are pretty nearly done and ready to call in one of the investors that have been contacting us about it.  Hopefully the "other house" will be somebody else's home pretty soon. 

In the midst of all of this I have been able to come to terms with the retirement issue reasonably well.  It isn't half bad having the Hubs around, no long traveling assignments, no iron-clad schedule dictated by the powers that be -- uh, were.  All in all, I think he is doing pretty good and that is making me feel better about  it.  I have just this minute been told that we are taking a day off and going out and doing something "fun".  What that is I have no clue but in our 100+degree weather I hope it is indoors -- and not Lowe's or Home Depot.  Shhh -- I didn't say that out loud, did I?

Anyway, I don't have much going on here but packing things and vacuuming a vacant house.  I am still reading "Franny and Zooey"  -- only because I haven't had time to read in the last couple of weeks.  Hopefully it will be done soon because I am behind on my reading challenge and I am really wanting to enjoy another Aunt Dimity book -- they are such fun!

So, since I don't have any neat photos of my own (maybe that is what we should do -- go on a photo taking venture) I will direct you to my daughter's blog so you can see photos of my granddaughter and her own personal library.  Feel free to visit http://thewilcoxfamily.wordpress.com for some really cute photos -- no prejudice here at all!

9 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

Have a fabulous day, and stay cool!
Jane x

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Thanks,Jane! So far we have done nothing but that is ok too, I think.

Jane and Chris said...

Just taking time to smell the roses?
Sounds good!
Jane x

jlshall said...

Glad you're feeling a little better about the retirement issues. Like I said, it takes some getting used to, but eventually everything will settle down and seem "normal."

Hope you had a nice time doing something "fun." Also hope it was somewhere out of the heat.

Gill - That British Woman said...

suffereing with that same heat up here as well its awful.

If you leave me a comment with your email address in it, I WON'T PUBLISH IT, I will email you some tips on how to get more swagbucks every day.

Gill in Canada

P.S. I have already got 63 this morning, from doing a survey and the dailys and my first search.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Jane -- Yeah, sometimes you just have to sit back and "be" as my daughter says!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Joanie -- what I feel about the retirement issue is fear -- plain ol' unadulterated fear. I am fine with him being home -- he traveled so much for so long that it is nice for him to be here but my main concern is health insurance since neither of us are old enough for medicare. We will get more information on that this week -- I hope -- they seem to be dragging their feet on sending the info.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Gill -- yes, I will message you this morning! I have been logging in through SB for a couple of days and gotten a few but it would be nice to do more. Thanks for your help!

Gill - That British Woman said...

check your email, as I just sent you one re: swagbucks,

Gill

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...