Tuesday, October 25, 2011

25 October 2011


Discovery

I think I have discovered why I am getting up so early.  Since Hubs retirement, the flow of my days has changed -- it isn't what "I" am doing anymore but what "we" are doing.  I enjoy that, to a point, but having grown up an only child and having spent a lot of time alone what with his traveling and all, I sort of miss my alone time to do with what I want and I think my early rising is an effort to recapture some of that time.  I spent some of my alone time, this morning, reading blogs.  I really enjoy reading blogs, I feel like I have made real friends through these blogs and have really gotten to know people.  I love the photos and just hearing about people's days.  The more I read blogs the less I like the social network sites.  Blogs are just less manic and more real.  I don't understand Twitter at all even though I have an account but I forget I have an account so I don't think it matters much.  I feel like Facebook has the potential to be dangerous. I digress.

While reading one of my favorite blogs -- Angela's Tracing Rainbows -- I  discovered a  new site that I hadn't seen before called PomPom's Ponderings.  I decided to give it a look and was completed charmed! So cute and creative -- I will visit again soon and have added her to my blogroll. You can find Tracing Rainbows on my blogroll as well.

Well, today is starting out promising.  Supposedly we will close on the house this morning and possibly celebrate with lunch or dinner out -- who knows.  I think I am getting past my creative slump and feeling a bit more energetic this morning -- that is what reading blogs does to me.  It gets me going and now, after reading Joy's blog about fountain pens, I want a fountain pen complete with cartridges. You can find this discussion at Supply Cabinet Chronicles also listed in my blogroll. 

So, with a renewed interest in things and my mind going a mile a minute, I think I should go get ready for THE CLOSING.  If it doesn't happen, I am sure you will be able to hear me screaming wherever you might be.  I will let you know what happens -- wish us luck although luck really shouldn't have anything to do with it at this point.  More on that later.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

2 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

i know how you feel about 'alone" time. Hubs retired last year and I took a package in July this year so it can be a challenge to have him looking over my shoulder.
I love reading blogs, I am almost (not quite) embarrassed by how many I have in my Google reader and constantly adding.
Good luck with the closing!!!!

JLS Hall said...

I can sooooo identify with the "flow of days" problem. I'm still trying to adjust, and Michael's been retired almost a year now. I love having him around, but I do miss the solitude sometimes.

Congrats on the closing! Although I know you probably have mixed emotions about selling the place.

Yeah, the fountain pens are fun, but I find I really don't use them much. Nice to play with, though.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...