Monday, December 05, 2011

Today's Question at Musing Mondays over at Should Be Reading hosted by Miz B is "how many books do you read in a week? a month? a year?"

I never kept up with my reading totals before now.  I would just read.  Some books went quickly, some took  forever, and some didn't get finished at all.  However, now that there are a number of reading sites out there which host all manner of challenges, I have become more aware of how much I read.  I rarely complete a book in a week -- I am easily distracted.  Most would be done in two weeks.  I can read a couple of books a month if I put my mind to it and I have read about 18 books this year -- to date.  I had a goal of 25 but it isn't going to happen.  I am definitely not a fast reader but I am, what I would call, a steady reader.

2 comments:

JLS Hall said...

I was trying for 50 books this year (yeah, like that's gonna happen!) - sort of my ultimate goal. These days, finishing more than one or two books in a week would be really unusual for me. I used to speed-read, but I find that I don't remember much about those books I read back then. So now, I'm more of a steady reader, too.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I have read a lot, probably well over 40 but I am a fast reader and can read a book in a day.....

Just ordered a pile of books at bookcloseouts.com it's an American company

Gill

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...