Friday, January 06, 2012

2012 Reading Challenge

I am going to try to do better on my 2012 Challenge than I did on my 2011 Challenge although I guess I didn't do too badly (18 out of 25) considering I started late.  I started a couple of books right before Christmas which I knew wouldn't get finished until after New Years so one of those is my first challenge book. 



The first book on my challenge list is "Aunt Dimity's Christmas".  I think this is my favorite of the Aunt Dimity series so far.  I mean, what isn't to love -- a rich lawyer, his lovely wife, their gorgeous twins, their cottage in the English village of Finch and a half frozen mystery man in the drive.  Factor in an absent hubby, a father-in-law attracting every widow in the village, a Christmas play and a nanny taking holiday in Italy -- what could possibly go wrong.

This was a delightful little mystery encompassing all the joy of the Christmas season with lessons to be learned for all.  I think it was the perfect read for the month of December and I would recommend it to anyone.

3 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

okay I am hooked!!!! However I had a lot more books to go through first......

Gill

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Gill -- they are really nice little books -- short reads for almost anybody but me. I have never been a mystery reader but these are really nice -- not so complicated to lose me early on. Hope you enjoy them.

Jane and Chris said...

That's right up my alley! I love a good mystery, even more if it is set at Christmas.
Jane x

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...