Sunday, January 15, 2012

Arlo and the Fairy Door

Quite awhile back I acquired a fairy door as decoration for our new landscaping and I posted photos.  One Saturday, while at our neighborhood plant store, I discovered these cute little gnomes -- tiny little things, just the right size to complement my fairy door and make that part of the flower bed more of a little neighborhood.  I named him Arlo.  Well, the landscaping isn't new anymore and neither are Arlo or the fairy door but I thought I would take photos and post again -- Arlo has never had a proper photo taken so here it is.



They both look a little worse for the wear but it was a rough winter last year and a rougher summer so maybe they don't look so bad after all.

4 comments:

JLS Hall said...

Arlo is the perfect name for him. And he certainly looks better than I do right now.

Wouldn't we have loved something like that little door when we were kids?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Yes, we would have put it under the gardenia bush on the side of your house! I hope you are feeling better. My tummy was feeling really dodgy this afternoon but it went away -- I hope. I hope you are getting past whatever it was that got ya!

Gill - That British Woman said...

that is just so darn cute, I have never heard of Fairy Doors before, I will have to look for one up here.

Gill

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Gil -- there are several websites that sell them -- I chose the cast concrete one that would more or less withstand the hot weather. They really have such cute things out there!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...