Monday, April 23, 2012

Musing Mondays

I haven't done one of these in quite some time so I thought I would join in, again, this  morning.

The question of the day is:

Other than working at a job, what is the biggest interruption to reading?  What takes you away from your books?


Sadly, the answer to this question is easy -- falling asleep in front of the tv.  Most evenings, after dinner, the Hubs and I sit down to watch a bit of tv and on the nights that he picks our viewing pleasure, I generally read (one can only watch so much "action adventure").  On those nights I choose to read as I "watch" -- it is generally easier to do this on an e-reader.  However, I have a tendency, however, to get too comfy and after about fifteen or so minutes, I am sawing logs and wake up only long enough to trot myself to bed!

2 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

Oh, yes....I get comfy then the words go all blurry then I'm asleep.
Jane x

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Yep, that is how it happens. It happens when I try to watch TV too. I fell flat asleep last Friday and completely missed "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding". Good thing I taped it!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...