Thursday, June 07, 2012



7 June 2012

Today's question is -- "Favorite secondary characters?"

When faced with these sorts of questions it seems I am always reverting back to a few of my all time favorites and this time is no exception.

The first that comes to mind is "Blackie" in A Woman of Substance. hat is my  I saw the movie before I read the book and that is when I discovered Liam Neeson, one of my very favorite actors.  As I read the book, I saw Neeson and that just brought the book to life for me.

The second is "Cynthia" in the Mitford series book as well as the Father Tim books.  She is what I would like to be -- very real, very strong yet vulnerable at the  same time.  She is a natural, unassuming character that just sparkles.

Last but not least, I would be remiss if I didn't mention Aunt Dimity.  While the Aunt Dimity series is about Aunt Dimity, she is definitely not the character in the forefront yet, without her, there wouldn't be a book.  If I were dead, I would like to be Aunt Dimity -- she possesses qualities that are top notch -- logical, calm, resourceful, helpful and always available! Yes, if I had to be a ghost, she would be a great role model.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haven't heard of these characters, but I can see why you like them :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/06/booking-through-thursday.html

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...