Monday, January 06, 2014






Musing Mondays

Hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading, Musing Mondays asked several questions and you are asked to answer only one.

Today I will be talking about a new reading habit of mine -- reading in bed before I go to sleep.  My husband bought me my fifth Nook for Christmas.  Excess?  Absolutely!  NOT MY FAULT!  They need to quit coming out with new models.  However, I have been passing my other models on to family members so that is good.  Anyway, my latest acquisition is the new Nook Glowlight.  It is significantly lighter in weight than my Nook Simple Touch but more importantly, it has a light which makes it easy to read in bed and not disturb the Hubs. 


So, because I have the light now, I can read a bit in bed without the light disturbing the Hubs.  I don't read long because it absolutely puts me to sleep but it is such a nice way to end the day.  I don't watch the news much because that is just disturbing before you try to get a good nights sleep but reading is  a much gentler way to nod off.  I haven't always read in bed because of the lighting issue but now I can and I am enjoying that five to ten minutes before I drift off.  Fortunately I conk out before the urge to stay up all night reading strikes.

Anyway, this is my new reading habit and it is a nice one for sure!

7 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

I too, have a Nook, but mine I bought two years ago, I love reading in bed also. However, it doesn't put me to sleep, it keeps me awake! Happy Reading...

Udita Banerjee said...

I find it hard to sleep if the plot is good! So I prefer re-reads before bedtime :)
http://cupandchaucer.wordpress.com/2014/01/06/musing-mondays-january-06/

Anonymous said...

Reading in bed is the best--especially in winter when it's cold and you can just snuggle in with your book--or Nook! Unfortunately I'm not usually able to stay awake as long as I'd like anymore when reading before bed.

Unknown said...

I love reading before bed but I sometimes find it hard to sleep because I get so caught up in the plot and then I want to read all night.

~April @ Once Upon a Coffin

JC Jones said...

My first eReader was backlite and I loved it. None that I own today are and I miss it. You are right, reading is a great way to end the day.

JC Jones said...

Your blog says Home of Tinklepaw. Who is Tinklepaw?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

JC Jones -- in this case, Tinklepaw is the name of my blog. A while back I was looking for a name for a business and my dad suggested that so I use it for lots of things -- it reminds me of my dad.

Update

 Yes, it has been a month — and what a month it has been.  Long story short all the grafts from my husbands bypass surgery have disappeared ...