Thursday, March 27, 2014

I Can't Believe --

it has been 10 days since my last post.  What in the world have I been doing?  Hmmm...in a word -- nothing.  Well, nothing of any consequence anyway.  I have been reading some and rearranging craft/sewing stuff a bit (about ready to just toss all of that) and going through magazines.

I have a problem with magazines.  I enjoy them.  I really enjoy them and I pay money for them but they seem to multiply themselves in the dark, I have nowhere to put them and I hate to throw them away because I feel like I am throwing money away.  So, what is a girl to do?  Well, I dragged everything out of my magazine hidey holes (there are several) and started going through them.  I finally got so tired of it I just threw everything in the recycling bin and didn't look back.  I really need to keep on top of the magazine situation.

Oh, yes, Sunday I went to church and walked across the windy parking lot into the building.  Halfway through the service it hit me.  I developed a terrible allergy headache and since then have been having a horrible allergy attack.  I don't think I will need to see the doctor but I am a bit tired of it now.  This is the second allergy issue in as many months.  Yeah.  Did I mention that Hubs is in the same boat?  Bad allergies with him as well.

Oh, yes again, I was grating soap for my laundry soap and managed to mangle my thumb on the grater.  I started thinking then that I should just use the food processor to grate the soap but then that would defeat the purpose of trying to be "green" now, wouldn't it.  I finally got it all finished but I was very careful.  The Kirk's Castile soap is much harder than the Dr. Bronner's so I might go back to Dr. Bronner's. 

I tried a new biscuit recipe tonight.  It is the one on the back of the White Lily flour bag and I have to say it was really good.  I usually use Pioneer biscuit mix but I haven't been liking it so much lately so I decided to try this -- very easy with the self rising flour and they were really good.  The only thing I changed was to use butter instead of shortening.  Hubs like them and that is all I need to know to put something in my permanent recipe rotation.  He is very hard to please but he needs to lighten up because his blood sugar is running way too high and we are going to start eating MY way.  He has just become spoiled on restaurant food and we need to change our ways.  I digress.

Anyway, that is all that has been going on with me.  Bad allergies, no energy, grumpy husband -- all the makings of a riveting post! On that I will close - maybe more tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

Dr Bronners is easy to grate...my choice.
Jane x

Pooch said...

Grumpy husband? So there is more than one in the world, is there?

;)

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Jane -- yes, the Kirk's is all gone so I am going back to Bronner's. I don't think my flesh is going to do my soap any good!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Pooch -- oh, I think there are a lot of them -- we just don't talk about it!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...