Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading.  Hop on over and join in! The object of this exercise is to post two random sentences from your current read (no spoilers please).

Today, my teaser comes from The Quilter's Legacy by Jennifer Chiaverini.



"She shook her head as she flipped through the magazines someone had left on the desk --Bride's, American Bride, Country Bride--and dumped the whole stack into the trash can. Unless they came out with an edition of Octogenarian Bride, she would leave the pleading overtures of the bridal industry to the younger girls."

I don't know about you but I find "octogenarian bride" to be a bit intriguing.

So, there is my teaser.  I am about half way through the book and, as is usual with me, I can't put it down so I am off to read with my morning cuppa!

3 comments:

Minnie said...

That does sound intriguing.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

It is really good. I love these books -- always some sort of little intrigue and, since I quilt, there is that interest as well.

Pooch said...

Sounds like this author adds humor to her story. Very cute--made me smile!

:)

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...