Thursday, April 03, 2014

Mark-ups April 3, 2014

Filed under: Wordpress — --Deb @ 1:29 am
btt button
Do you write in your books? Highlight? Make notes? Or do you like to keep your copies as pristine as possible?




Today, on Booking Through Thursday, we are discussing marking in books -- do you?  Don't you?


When I was in college and the books were my own, I made notes in my books and highlighted them.  If there had been sticky notes in those days, I probably would have used those as well.  Nowadays, no, I don't write in my books.  I try to use bookmarks so the pages aren't dog-eared.  I like my books to stay as new as possible but it is difficult since I do carry them around in my purse.  I know that books aren't as valuable as they used to be, in this day and age of paperbacks, but I still value them a great deal and like to keep them nice, if I can.

2 comments:

Lindsay @ Lindsay Loves said...

I shudder to think about a world without Post-Its! I never have liked putting them in my books, though, because then the book seems bigger, almost like it has fuzzy legs.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I am always afraid they will lift the print where the adhesive is. Now, however, I just read for pleasure -- unless I read a cookbook then it is more for misery!!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...