Monday, April 14, 2014

Pandora's Box -- I Mean Bracelet


My husband isn't a fan of gift giving occasions.  He never knows what to buy me and I really hate having to tell him what to go buy so I just generally say I don't want anything.  However, this last birthday I was determined to find something that he could buy and even provide future gift solutions.

So, I started exploring Pandora bracelets and even pinned some to my Pinterest page.  I wasn't sure I wanted one of these but they were intriguing.  So, after playing on the Pandora website and looking at all the eye candy there I finally got so confused I dismissed the idea until......I decided on a theme.

I have a traditional charm bracelet that my husband gave me for my 16th birthday.  I have added all manner of charms to it over the years -- all commemorating something.  Then, he bought me another traditional charm bracelet for my "family" charms honoring my kids and grandkids.  That is all I intend to put on that bracelet to keep it light weight.  The teenage bracelet is heavy and makes lots of noise so I don't wear it too often.  I wear the "family" bracelet quite often and I just didn't know about another "charm" bracelet.  What I came up with is a "genealogy" bracelet.  Putting charms on to honor my ancestry.  My ancestry isn't too varied so I figure I can fill in with some of the pretty spacers and interesting beads.

At any rate this is what I have so far:

The bracelet

Claddagh for my Irish Ancestry

Feather for my Native American Ancestry

Crown for my English Ancestry

These are the clips I chose






Now I need to find something for my Welsh ancestry -- I just can't find a cute dragon so I might have to settle for a daffodil.  I am looking at a windmill for my Dutch ancestry and I need something for the small bit of German ancestry.  Unless I discover something else, that pretty much sums it up.  I guess I am going to have to buy lots of spacers!  At least that will help my husband with gift giving frustrations!

6 comments:

JLS Hall said...

I've been thinking about getting a Pandora-style bracelet too, but it's very confusing. I like the genealogy theme. I've found some really cute turtle and starfish charms, so maybe I could do a beach theme? Hmmmm. But I'll probably keep talking myself out of it.

Pooch said...

Your post could nearly be mine!! Amazing. I don't wear my childhood/high school charm bracelet for the same reason. And I have made several visits to the Pandora site trying to decide how much I want another bracelet. So happy for you;I'm still teetering on the brink.
:)

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Joanie -- I really like some of the animals -- the turtle and the elephant come to mind. I think some of the beads are just really pretty. Once I decided what to do with it -- it is sort of fun to do. Zales has a similar bracelet with charms that do fit the Pandora bracelet and they are similarly priced. That is where I got the claddagh charm -- it was on sale. So, look at that too because there are some really nice ones there as well. I haven't been this interested in jewelry in a long time.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Pooch -- ok, I will say this. I am wearing this bracelet on a nearly-daily basis because it is easy. I have chosen not to put any of the dangles on it and I haven't put any of the glass beads on it yet because I think they are delicate although I have been told they aren't so it is just a rather durable bracelet with silver beads and it is super easy to wear. I stack it with my watch or my "family" bracelet and it is nice! I am glad I got into it.

Jane and Chris said...

I like to see other people's bracelets and bangles,but I just can't wear them.I don't like anything on my hands or wrists. I only ever wear my wedding ring when I am going out. Makes me a cheap 'date' for sure! Now, earrings...
Jane x

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Jane -- I am right there with you on earrings! Before I first got my ears done MANY years ago I used to sit in study hall and look at the teenage fashion magazines and just awed over all the earring ads. Loved them!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...