Tuesday, May 27, 2014


Teaser Tuesdays (May 27)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!








I know it is late but I am so taken with this book that I just wanted to share another teaser.  I have only read the first chapter and I already can't put it down. So, from "Past Imperfect" by Julian Fellowes, here is my teaser.


"Dear S&*T, It is almost Christmas.  It is also late and I am drunk and so I have found the nerve to say that you have made my life a living lie for nineteen years.  I stare at my living lie each day and all because of you.  No one will ever know the truth and I will probably burn this rather than send it, but you ought to realise where your deceit and my weakness have led me.  I do not quite curse you, I could not do that, but I don't forgive you, either, for the course my life has taken.  I did not deserve it."

So, there you go.  I don't know if that is a compelling teaser or not but the book is getting very good and I think it is going to be a page turner!


No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...