Sunday, August 03, 2014

Natural Cosmetic Update


If you have read my previous posts on this subject, you will know that I have been on a quest for natural cosmetics and have found some wonderful brands with great products.  However, I have also discovered that most of them have lousy lipsticks, at least for me.  Unfortunately, I am the sort of person that needs some sort of lipstick so I don't look like a cadaver.  So, I went looking for a nice, neutral lipstick -- not shiny, just creamy with enough color so I look a little perkier.

I happened upon this --







NARS Cosmetics sheer lipstick in Dolce Vita.  Cult favorite, they say.  Beautiful color, a tad pricey.  Bought it, used it, was happy in my lipstick find until I started researching the product and found it to be very toxic.  So.....I went on a quest to find something a little more acceptable.

I spent a good portion of Friday talking to the people at Clinique and reading reviews at EWG.org and goodguide.com.  I finally went to the mall and discussed my plight with one of the lovely ladies at the Clinique counter.  We found an exact match -- Nearly Violet - in the High Impact line.  Now, not all of Clinique's products are rated really well, but these lipsticks seemed to be acceptable.










I also did some research on the L'oreal line and found an almost perfect match there, as well.  It is called Eva's Nude and is close enough for me to consider it a duplicate.  Across the board, L'oreal's line seemed to be acceptable in the toxicity department as well.  I was really glad to find a couple of replacements for this really nice, go with everything color.







In the process of trying all this makeup and taking a long look at the "mature" me, I have decided that this is one area where the saying "less is more" has a great deal of meaning.  So, for a couple of days, I have used a neutral eye makeup -- I have to use eye makeup or my eyes disappear -- and I have used the lipstick -- no foundation or blush -- just some nice moisturizer and I have to say that I was pleased.  I had enough junk on to feel "finished" but not smothered.  I will continue on this path for a while because I think it looks better, feels better, costs less and a lot less in my makeup bag if I feel the need to carry it with me.




No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...