Thursday, September 11, 2014

Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand







This was a book that I had put on my Nook quite a while back.  I think I got it for free -- or almost free.  I was doing a bit of cleaning up on the Nook the other day, archiving and deleting and I started looking at what I had put on the thing and decided I should start reading some of the material that was there.  So, I started here.

I don't know what possessed me to ever buy this book to begin with.  It is about three young women -- two sisters and a best friend.  They are all going through their own private situations -- cheating husbands, surprise pregnancies, ruined careers, and cancer.  This was probably not a good choice for me since I am still living the cancer nightmare but the storyline was so compelling, I just couldn't put it down.

I would recommend this book unless you are in the throes of a serious illness.  It made me nervous.  Otherwise, it was a good read.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You haven't spoken of how your treatments are going, or if you are still having them, but I hope your healing is progressing.

Blessings, Bonnie

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Bonnie -- My treatments ended last November and I seem to be fine. I am trying to take really good care of myself so I don't have to revisit that ordeal again. Now, if I could just do something about the air-borne allergies I would be wonderful!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...