Thursday, October 30, 2014

October Is My Favorite Month


I have always felt like October is the perfect month here in Texas.  It is still warm, for sure, but you can feel the change in the air.  There are also a lot of activities during October and we participated in a couple.  Here are some photos from our adventures.  These photos were taken at Hall's Pumpkin Farm in Grapevine,  St. Gregory the Great School in San Antonio, Texas and some local spots in San Antonio.  Thanks to our kids for inviting us to tag along on their adventures.



Hall's Pumpkin Farm

So Many Pumpkins!

Picking out a pumpkin requires deep thought


The Hay House -- Achoo!

This was my favorite pumpkin but it didn't come home with me

St. Gregory the Great Catholic School -- San Antonio



The gym

Classrooms

drink booth



Courtyard between classroom wings
Kiddie Park -- San Antonio, Texas







Miscellaneous San Antonio

Really good independent coffee shop in Alamo Heights

Great hot chocolate

So, that was pretty much October for us -- hate to see it end!

6 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

But November will bring new joys. For you Thanksgiving. for me Guy Fawkes. And really getting those Christmas preparations done, including (dare I say it) writing Christmas letters

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Yes, November will be busy. The thing is we try not to rush Christmas and try to enjoy Thanksgiving but once Thanksgiving is here Christmas is right around the corner and suddenly rushed! IFortunately the weather has really turned cool and I have a tendency to really slow down when it gets cold so maybe that will help!

Jane and Chris said...

Thanks for the tour..I really enjoyed seeing the area.Did you know that carousels run the opposite way in Europe?
Jane x

Penhallow Street said...

What wonderful pictures and great captions--especially love "picking out a pumpkin requires deep thought." Such a fun looking fair and enjoying the festivities with family makes it an even better day: memories for the future!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Jane -- no I didn't know that! This particular carousel terrified me as a child. I have always had balance issues -- too many earaches, I suppose -- and I would try to ride it but just couldn't do it -- if I wanted to go on it I had to sit on the bench seats. Pathetic, isn't it?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Bonnie -- it was all great fun. The school festival was really good because we got to connect with some old friends. As I stood in that parking lot where the booths are I was taken back to all those days I parked there waiting for the kids to get out of school. Those were the best times and I am grateful for them.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...