Saturday, October 04, 2014

Planning, Planning, Planning


Earlier this year I needed a planner but I needed it at an odd time of the year and not many were available  so I did some research on making my own, found a tutorial using a Moleskine and I set about DIY-ing a planner.








It has worked really well but it is bulky and heavy.  As I have gotten -- ahem -- older, I have discovered that heavy bags aren't my friend so I have started "downsizing" what I carry in a bag. 

So, because of that I started looking for a lighter weight yet flexible planner.  I don't have a lot to plan -- just keeping up with birthdays, little trips, dr. appts., that sort of thing so my needs are simple.  I googled "smaller planner" and went to the first option that came up -- MochiThings.com

This is such a cute site! So many  cute things to choose from! I mean, this like San Rio for adults! I chose this option for the planner --




It is dateless and the calendar squares are decent sized.  It is VERY plain which suits me just fine.  It is lightweight which suits me even more. It was a decent price which cinched the deal for me.  I am looking forward to getting it. I hate giving up my moleskine planner because there is a lot of room for lists and such but I think this will be a better option.  However, if you are in the market for something a little less utilitarian, they have many patterned things and all sorts of accessories and things. 

Speaking of downsizing your purse -- maybe I should say "downweighting" your purse, I recently changed wallets as well.  I have any number of wallets from leather to fabric, big, little, strapped -- all sorts.  They are all either too small, too large, too heavy, hold to much, don't hold enough -- can't find the perfect wallet.  However, I might have come close with this --




It is the Big Skinny wallet and I bought it at Office Depot.  It is nylon, it is weightless, it is stuffable -- it is actually working very well for me.  Mine isn't teal, though -- mine is red so I can see it.

I was looking at the pouches on the mochithings website and might look into some lightweight nylon makeup bags and stuff like that.  While I don't carry a lot, I do like to carry some things so maybe I can lighten the load a little more.




6 comments:

Penhallow Street said...

I just looked at this site and see Christmas gifts for many family members--such a variety and so many charming covers. I'd love to go with the "BIG" planner for myself and fill it up with every big and little project that comes to mind, but it better be listed in pencil! Having a pocket size one is ideal though--it's handy to have when you're out and about. Planners help conserve our mental energy as we get older :)

Gill - That British Woman said...

I still need a HUGE bag to drag around all my "stuff." One day I'll downsize. By the way if your header photo is your front door it is lovely!

Gill

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Gill -- thank you! I try to do my part to usher in my favorite season! Now if my allergies would just quit and I would be very happy!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Bonnie -- I thought it was such a cheery little "store" and I had to get out of there because I felt a shopping splurge coming on! Yes, I agree about planners being necessary even for small stuff like birthdays and such. I have also found that lists have become as regular thing for me now -- no more trusting my memory for more than three things at a time!

Elizabethd said...

Just in case you wondered......I have deleted your address on my comment site, but made a note of it for the swap.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Elizabeth -- yes, I thought you might do that and I thank you for your concern over security. Looking forward to this swap!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...