Monday, May 18, 2015

Move Over Lilly -- here's Nona!

A few weeks ago there was a Lilly Pulitizer for Target launch.  There were many clothing and household items.  It didn't go well.  Many of the children's items were scooped up by individuals with the intent to resell on ebay.  My daughter is a fan of LP and was going to buy one of the dresses for her daughter online. It didn't happen.  The online service didn't work and eventually crashed.  There was great gnashing of teeth.  Not by me.  I couldn't have cared less.  I don't stand in lines, I don't hover over the "shopping carts" online. 

However, I decided to come to the rescue so I scoured my stash for something bright colored.  I went through patterns to see if I could find a simple, shift dress in a size 5.  I had one by Burda.

This is the final result.







Apparently this filled the bill.  I did learn, however, that Joann's, at least the one I go to, doesn't stock hemming tape anymore.  I guess with surgers and such people don't use it anymore.  Anyway, the kiddo wore the dress to church yesterday, declared it very comfortable, requested more so I guess it was a success.

4 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

well done you, love the material, so bright and cheerful.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Thanks, Gill!

Penhallow Street said...

Her dress is fantastic--she most love the vibrant colors and the green ric-rac trim is a great addition! You have a nice eye for color. I imagine your granddaughter is anxious for you to make more. Move over Lily Pulitzer :)

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Bonnie -- Thanks! It is a very easy pattern so it goes together very quickly. I need to start on the next one soon -- like today. It is a plaid seersucker -- very cool. And, there will be rick rack. I will post photos. She did buy a Lily for Target sun hat the other day -- it is sort of a fedora and very cute -- hope she keeps it on. She is very fair and needs it. They keep her well doused in sunscreen but nothing hurts like a sunburned head.


Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...