Sunday, January 24, 2016

I Cannot Tell a Lie

I didn't make it to Mass today.  There was no particular reason.  We were planning to go to early service which now, in our old age, is seeming to be too early.  We could have gone last night but last night we had full intention of getting up and going early.  Sigh.  At any rate, we didn't.

However, I distinctly heard a rather stern voice in my head saying "Well, if you aren't going to get yourself to church you better get yourself off your sassy ___ and get something good accomplished. 

So, I did.  I finished a load of laundry.  I did another two.  I cleaned both bathrooms and mopped them.  I changed our bed linen.  I dusted some of the furniture.  I vacuumed the floor in the living room.  I baked bread.  I cooked dinner.  I went to Target and to the grocery store.  I didn't buy more than I needed and only what I went for. 

Then I sat down and every bit of energy just drained right out of me.  I have done something terrible to my elbow -- I think it is the elbow equivalent of housemaids knee -- and suddenly I was just spent.  The momentum was broken.

My daughter and son in law came by to drop off GS cookies so we visited for a while and had some coffee and, what else, GS cookies! I got my second wind.  I have now cleaned up a lot of the kitchen, folded laundry and am settling back to watch tonight's episode of "Downton Abbey". 

I hope I did enough to atone for missing Mass because I am surely tired now.

2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

to my mind you did, plus you got a head start on the week. Have a good one.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Thanks, Gill! Yes, and when I got up this morning and looked around I was pleased -- I did what my mother used to do and tidied up before bed -- you know, fluffing pillows, straightening magazines, generally putting things to right and I am enjoying that this morning for sure. And, I am feeling pretty energetic today so I am going to tackle the laundry room -- it definitely needs it!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...