Saturday, January 16, 2016

Keep Calm -- We Have Them

So.....we have roasted turkeys, decorated trees and wrapped gifts, shot fireworks for the new year ... so what is next?  Valentines?  Any retail store will say that is true but there is something that comes before that.  An event that is much awaited.  And... it is here!

Yes, it is cookie time.  Not great for my sugar detox and I am certain that I will have a freezer full of them by the end of the day but our little Daisy Scout is very enthusiastic about it so we will support her.  This sale is very important to these girls as they get a portion of the proceeds for their troop to allow them to do activities and have meaningful meetings.  I was a Brownie and I remember enjoying the time spent.  I even remember the cookies.  I remember my mother being the leader -- it was a good time for us.  So, if one of these sweeties knocks on your door or rings your bell be generous -- this means a lot to these kiddos.

Keep calm -- the cookies are here!

6 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Is "Daisy Scout" your nickname or is that a scouting section? (We have Rainbows and Brownies.)

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Daisies are the youngest group that goes from Kindergarten to first grade (age 5-6). Brownies then start at age 7 or 2nd grade in school. When I was in it, we started with Brownies when we were 7, we didn't have Daisies. So, she will be in this group for another year.

Pom Pom said...

Woo hoo! I was a Daisy Scout leader! Our grands aren't Girl Scouts but I think my neighbor's grand is so I'll email her now.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Pom Pom -- cookies are serious business for sure! My daughter is a member of a Facebook group from our church that watches Downton Abbey -- she said they all needed cookies to go with their tea for Downton this Sunday! My daughter certainly knows how to market!

Penhallow Street said...

I buy the cookies as much for the nostalgia, as I do the taste. It brings back many happy childhood memories. I hope her cookie sales soar : )
Bonnie

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Bonnie -- right now I am on a sugar detox in an effort to become sugar free otherwise I would have stolen all her cookies and left no evidence! She is doing pretty well and her mother is a teacher and from what I have heard, Girl Scout cookies are like life support for teenagers with cash! I am sure she will do well there too.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...