Monday, January 04, 2016

Musing Mondays

I used to love to do memes but have somehow gotten away from them.  They were always useful for the blog when I didn't have much going on to talk about.  I miss doing them so I thought I would start up again and this is one of my favorites! Please join in if you feel so inclined. 

 

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
MusingMondays-ADailyRhythm
  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…
THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: What do you do when you finish a book? Do you immediately start another one?

Here are my answers:

I am currently reading "The House on Fortune Street" by Margot Livesay.

Up next I think I will read "Come Rain or Come Shine" by Jan Karon.

I bought the following book(s) in the past week -- uh, none.  I am trying to read from my own library full of unread books.

I'm really excited to tell you about the new independent bookstore that is opening here in Fort Worth.  When Borders closed up and Barnes and Noble downsized to only two stores in a vast area, we were left with only Half Price Books for a book store.  Now, not to downplay Half Price -- they are really good -- but still only one choice.  So, I am looking very forward to the opening of "The Last Word" in the downtown area.

I am really upset by -- the fact that I am not enjoying my current read but refuse to give up on it since I am so close to being done.  It was a slow start, picked up for a bit and is beginning to all come together -- which is good and holding my interest a little better -- but I don't care for the subject matter and I think that is what my problem is.

I can't wait to get a copy of -- well, nothing at the moment.  I was asking for the new Jan Karon title for Christmas and I got it so that is the most recent book I have desired.  I am sure something will catch my fancy soon.

I wish I could read more but life seems to be getting in the way at the moment.

I blogged about very little of any great importance this past week. I never have much important to say but I feel like I have let my blog slide in favor of Facebook and, while FB has it's place, I suppose, it is getting very depressing and sad and one of my goals for the new year is to concentrate on my blog more.  I can't give up FB because that is how I keep up with family and distant friends but too much time is spent THERE and too little time spent HERE.  Must. fix. that.

This week's random question --

What do you do when you finish a book? Do you immediately start another one?

Yes.  That is exactly what I do.


Have a wonderful Monday everybody!

3 comments:

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Great post. Glad to have you back with MM.

I have several Jan Karon books here, but they are all in my TBR pile. Sigh! Awesome news about the new bookstore. Hope you'll blog about it later.

I have a hard time giving up on books. It just seems so wrong; but I have done it a few times.

Good luck with blogging this year.

http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2016/01/musing-mondays-january-4.html

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I loved The House on Fortune Street...it has been a few years.

I hate when a book isn't engaging me, and sometimes I just have to give up. Here is my MUSING MONDAYS POST

Cheryl @ I Heart Fictional People said...

Oh I know how you feel. I've been reading a book for months now, but I refuse to give up on it. It's just really boring, but I'm so determined to finish it...eventually ;)

Cheryl @ I Heart Fictional People

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...